Monday, March 22, 2010

A Storyteller...



My Dad use to say I was born with "the gift of gab". When I was in grade school I remember our report cards had a blank space on the back for the teacher to make comments. My comments always went something like this....talks too much, talks in class, talks to everyone, talk, talk, talk. My desk was moved, I was seated alphabetically, I think they did everything short of taping my mouth shut (and that was back in the day when they could have gotten away with it!) I have always been a lover of language and words. I like a good story.

So when he said I had "the gift of gab"....I prefer to think of myself as a storyteller. I can normally see the "story" in things happening around me. I've been around a long time, so there are a lot of stories in me.

About a year ago I decided to give blogging a whirl and those are the random previous posts, the learning curve. I wish now that I had posted some of the pictures of my home because this is where the story really begins. If things had not happened so quickly, my oldest daughter and I have joked that this would have made a good reality television show!


No comments: